Apricot Cashew Bites
You know when you just need a little something to take the edge off of your hunger? Not too heavy, not too sweet…. this may be the ticket.
I’ve made similar little bite sized treats before. Like these cocoa, cranberry, orange, morsals that are centered around dates. But that is what is so cool about treats. You can customize them to the season and your mood. Mix up the dried fruit and spice to your preference at the time, throw in some complimentary nuts and you are good.
- 12 oz Dried Apricots
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbls Maple Syrup (or honey)
- ¾ Cup Dried Coconut flakes
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until a dough like consistancy is formed with some small chunks of nuts remaining.
- Take the dough and roll small balls that are about ½-1 inch in diameter.
- Press them tightly together.
- May store in a seal tight container. I also froze half of my batch for later consumption.
<a href=”http://http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com/”><img border=”0″ src=”